Monday, June 11, 2007

Sometimes you want to go...

Returning to Pune even after 14 years has not changed some things. The barber still recognizes me. The pharmacist on the corner shop is a family friend and knows our entire family. I went to the bank and ran into a school classmate who remembered my name. If I go to our regular restaurant such as Rupali, then I run into atleast ten different friends from school, college or swimming. Pune traffic has grown many fold or else I would still see/meet people just by driving on the roads.

Leaving the comforts of the US behind becomes easier when you meet and greet with so many people on so many occasions. It reminds me of the Cheers song, "sometimes you wanna go, where everybody knows your name...and they are always glad you came...."

Cheers!

No comments: