Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Google analytics rocks!

Everything Google touches turns into gold. I am a HUGE fan of Google software. Just recently I have been using Google analytics for my company web site. It is such a cool app that you really have to use it to understand it.

It is extremely simple to get started with Google Analytics. First of all, it is free! All you have to do is sign up for it (using your existing gmail account) Then you point it to your web site. You have to insert a small javascript into all your web pages and you are all set. Google Analytics magically starts collecting data about your visitors and provides you with GREAT reports.

I am so hooked on to it that I have started using it for my personal web page! Ofcourse not many people visit my personal web page :( but it still indeed provides me with a sandbox to experiment various things. As you can see one of the reports shows visitor data overlayed on a map. You can even drill down into country/state to see exactly what city your visitors are coming from. Isn't that cool? Now if all of you reading my blog visit my personal web page, I will have much more hits and hence will be able to see a cool map overlay of where all you are hitting my web page from. So what are you waiting for? Click here NOW! :)

1 comment:

RobertHD said...

I have to agree. Google Analytics is just right for most situations. The other one I want to try is http://www.woopra.com (also free). It has a thick client which is both its blessing and its curse.

-Rob