Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Small things i thought I would miss about USA but am not

Okay, so these are probably the series of blog posts that many of you have been waiting for. I will start with the easy things first in this blog entry and then tackle hard more delicate things later! :)

Small things i thought I would miss about USA but am not..

1. Starbucks coffee.
I was never a big fan of starbucks but every working day :) I would go grab a cup of non-fat, no-whip, extra-hot latte or mocha. I thought I would miss it but Rupali's extra strong coffee has filled that void perfectly. And it comes non-fat by default too! :) Barista's latte is also very good although it is more like "flat white" coffee that you get in Australia and less like starbucks latte. Barista has been a good place for quick business meetings similar to how people use Starbucks.

2. Pro Club health club (by far the best health club in the entire world)
Yes I do miss it a bit but not so much as I had thought I would. Tennis on Sundays, tekdi on weekdays and swimming in Tilak tank every once in a while has been very good. I think lack of club facilities has been compensated with good company of friends....so far!

3. Food
Believe it or not, I actually thought I would miss italian, thai, mexican and just plain old american food. I am a big fan of fresh sub sandwiches and was sure that I would miss them a lot. I do miss them somewhat but so far it has not been an issue. Occasional desire for cheese can be satisfied by visiting local Pizza Hut! :)

...More things to be added as I think of them!

3 comments:

rajh said...

4. What about ESPN??

Unknown said...

I am sure you will also miss watching the Gators a lot in the beginning...come september, but how long do you think until you start getting college football games via satellite in puNe? :-)

gator3580 said...

How about football in general? Missing Gameday lately? :)