Thursday, March 06, 2008

i am loving it...

i am loving it, well not everything but couldn't help using it as a title for the blog! :)

Yesterday I through McDonald's drive through for the first time in life....in INDIA! I never thought I would be using a drive through in India. Why I make that statement would be apparent to everyone who has seen indian roads and size of the shops. However the outskirts of cities, such as Hinjawadi IT infotech park near Pune is (relatively) better planned and hence has the luxury of having drive through (at least until that area gets densely populated)

Couple of observations and comparisons (w.r.t. US) of the indian McDonald drive through experience,
  1. I was the only car in the drive through...
  2. The annoying non-working mic/speaker system was not present. Instead I used one window to place an order.
  3. The drive through is clockwise unlike the anticlockwise drive through of USA. Felt a bit wierd when I noticed it! (This is obviously because cars in India are right hand drive)
  4. I asked for Large fries and asked the guy whether they have anything bigger than large. That guy looked at me as if I was crazy! :) BTW, does anyone else hate the coffee cup size system Tall, Grande, etc.? It took me long time to remember that Tall is actually the smallest size you can buy! LOL

1 comment:

mk said...

i know this Mcds pretty cool nice to see a person from Pune me to moved recently to US from Pune and I am surely moving back miss Pune so much I would love to read more about how your kids adjusted to Pune.
Thanks
M