Thursday, March 06, 2008

what can i say, i am a cheap guy! :)

For many months I have been thinking what I enjoy so much of going to my favorite restaurants here in Pune. Undoubtedly they all have great tasting food but thats not the only thing that gives me the most satisfaction. The idea that I can order anything I want, in any quantity I want and not spend more than $10 is very fulfilling! (Yes, obviously I do not go to yuppie/expensive restaurants that cost a lot more for a mere cup of coffee!) When we were in US, we would routinely spend $40-$50 on each restaurant visit!

As you can see part of the reason is because of the PPP (Purchasing power parity) between US and India. (But of course it also depends on individual taste and choice you make. e.g. I can spend more money going to a hip restaurant in Pune than most places in Seattle)

Coming back to my personal satisfaction index, I have realized that it is not how much money I make or whether I can afford something expensive. It is the differential between what I make and how much I spend that makes me more happy. If all this is confusing, all you can take away from this is that I am a cheap guy! ;)

No comments: