Monday, May 21, 2007

Day 4 : High flying beer

I am writing this entry few days late but things have been too hectic.

Today morning I got up at 5:30am, got ready and went to Mumbai's domestic airport. My first time ever to fly domestic and I was looking forward to the experience. I was already very impressed when I found out that I could print my boarding pass ahead of time just like in US. The "world is flat" definitely can be seen in action as India has caught up with such nice fascilities really fast!

I was greeted by good looking staff of Kingfisher airlines. The entire staff is very young, attractively dressed and quite enthusiastic! This to me was a stark contrast to the staff you come across on domestic US routes. The energy levels of this staff was clearly visible in their actions.

The flight itself was a great experience. Even though the duration from Mumbai to Bangaluru was only 1 Hr 15 minutes, we got one drink service and one meal service! Each seat had individual TV monitors with Dish Cable TV channels! First time in my life I was flying mile high while watching Federer take care of his opponents with his usual swiss precision.

The only bummer is that even though I was flying Kingfisher air, there was no Kingfisher on board! :( It is an Indian Government rule that there can be no alcohol on any domestic flights. But hey, I was already high and didn't need any chemical aids! :)

On my way back, I flew on Jet Airways. Once again the average age for crew members was 21 years. I flew directly to Pune and reached at around 11:15pm.

All in all I had a long hectic day in Bangaluru but once again the highlight of the day was the fact that India has caught up and in some cases surpassed US when it comes to domestic travel!

No comments: