Monday, October 08, 2007

it's official.....16 hour flight worse than space travel!

You won't believe who was with me on my marathon 16 hour flight from Mumbai to New York!!!! Even I didn't realize it until I saw few people asking for autographs from that person. She was standing right next to me, waiting for her bags to arrive on the conveyor belt.

She was none other than Sunita Williams, woman of Indian descent with a record of longest stay in space!!!

Many people were asking for autograph and taking a picture with her. I didn't feel like doing either of those two things. The fact that I got to personally meet her and talk to her is something I can cherish for life and I do not need a scrap of paper with her autograph to prove it...But anyways, I did want to talk to her. So I asked her which one is more difficult, sitting in the non-stop 16 hour flight from mumbai to JFK or the space travel. And to my surprise, she said that the 16 hour flight was more difficult....(maybe because we had just crawled out of our fetus position after that long flight :)) But there you have it....it is official.

Although I have to admit that it was not that boring of a flight. There were plenty of movies on my personal entertainment center. (Yes I did get my personal screen even in the economy section....thanks to cheaper electronics!!!) I was able to catch up on many bollywood movies and few of my favorite US TV serials such as Office! For the geeks reading my blogs, the entertainment system was running on Red Hat linux (last build 2004 :)) and it crashed at least 3 times which caused a plane wide reboot. I have to admit that it is very discomforting to be staring at your personal screen and see messages such as "demons starting...." pop up on it... LOL

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's pretty cool...I still would have taken a pic with her!

rajh said...

Just be glad the entertainment center wasn't running on Windoze. It might have taken the entire plane down...

Unknown said...

wow! That's something to cherish forever !