Monday, October 01, 2007

(not) Looking forward to my 16 hour flight!


Last February when I flew from San Fran to Sydney, I thought I already experienced (suffered) the longest single flight! (it took over 14 hours to reach Sydney) However, as I looked into my upcoming trip itinerary, I was shocked to see a SIXTEEN hour flight! I will be flying non stop from Mumbai to Atlanta with a stop in JFK on a 16 freaking hour long flight! It is good that I will reach my final destination sooner than any other competing itinerary but I sure hope I can walk after I come out of my economy cocoon after 16 hours of flight! :)

BTW, even though I boast a VP title, does not mean that I get to travel business class :( In fact these days I find myself in the back most section of the planes, it starts with first class, then business class, then economy plus and then economy. The lavatories at least have doors on them..

Notice the total flight time, does it ring a bell? :)

1 comment:

Chris Amonson said...

Wow 16 hours, two normal working days. You could try for 9 hours of sleep but as your folded into an ecomomy seat I bet there isn't much sleep going on.